January 17, 2010

GYMNASTICS

So, On Monday, January 4th, I enrolled Kendall and Adrien in gymnastics at Flagstaff Gymnastics Center. I was thrilled to find that they had a Girls Level 1 class for Kendall and a PreK-K class for Adrien both on Mondays from 4-4:55!! So they could both go at the same time!!  Worked great for me and they were both SO excited !!!  ALL DAY LONG that Monday, all Adrien kept asking me was, "Is it time for gymnastics yet, Mom?"

So, we picked up the girls after school and headed straight to gymnastics!!! Kendall got off into her class and Adrien into his!! It was so fun to watch them out there!!! Both instructors told me that since this was the first day they were just getting the kids used to the routine, equipment and eachother. As soon as we walked out the door after that first class, Adrien asked me "Mom, when do I have gymnastics again?" And he asked me about 500 more times from that day until the next Monday.  He kept telling me how much he loves gymnastics!! "You didn't know I was going to like it this much, did you, Mom?" he asked me...so cute!!!

So, the next Monday comes along and Adrien is excited all day long. We got there a little before 4 and Kendall and Adrien headed right off to join their classes!!  I really enjoy watching them both from the upstairs viewing area.  Adrien was doing such a great job of sitting and waiting his turn, following the directions, and paying attention. And, he seemed to be doing a great job. Watching Kendall, she too seemed to be doing a great job with all the skills they were working on.

The hour went by quickly and I met the kids downstairs. Adrien's instructor came up to me to talk about Adrien. She said he was AMAZING (her exact words)! She said he did every skill perfectly and that he is so strong. She asked how old he was, and I told her he would be 5 in a month. She said she doesn't normally see kids this young that are this strong and that do the skills so well!! She commented again about how strong he is and how well he held himself up on the bars!!!  She said he is definately on the young side, but she feels like he needs to be moved up to the Boys Developement Level 1. All this after only his first real gymnastics class!!! She said that this class won't be challenging enough for him. She has to talk to the owners, but she feels strongly about moving him and is sure they will agree!!!  WOW!!  Exciting news!!

Then Kendall's instructor came out to tell me how well Kendall did!!!  They get a star for how many skills they master each session. Today they worked on 7 skills and Kendall got all 7 stars. She was the only one in her class to get all 7 stars!!! 

Walking to the car, Adrien said, "Thanks for signing me up for gymnastics, Mom."  Then Kendall added, "Yah, Mom, thanks!! I love it!!"

I am so glad they both like it so much and are doing so well!!  I will take my camera next week to get some pictures!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment