January 9, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

WOW!!! I CANNOT believe it is 2011... I have decided that there is nothing I can do to "slow life down"!! Days, weeks, months, years....they all just seem to fly by. But I have decided that what I can do is try to ENJOY every minute of the days, weeks, months years more - by managing my time better. So I am going to work hard this year on managing my time better!! Well, we'll see!! That is my goal.


And, along with that is this blog... I really want to keep up with it this year so that next year I have a book to print.  What I REALLY want to do is write at least a little something each day... even if it is just a sentence or two.... It is just that I feel like my kids are growing up so fast and that they are doing so much all the time... I want to capture it, have it to remember forever!! 


So, we had a wonderful, long, lazy relaxing Christmas. Not much going on and just a lot of time hanging out at home enjoying each other. We rang in the new year in -6 degree weather with Tanya and Mando and Zayne, then came home to ring in the true new year!! Brrr! Then the kids headed back to school for the last half of the year!! None of us were ready to get back into the swing of things!! We so enjoyed our break and our family time!!!  But back to Life, Back to Reality! It was okay though!! I just can not believe we are in the last half of Samone's 5th grade year, Kendall's 2nd grade year AND, OMG, Adrien's kindergarten year!!  I will never have a kindergartener AGAIN!!! Man, where does the time go!! I remember being pregnant with Samone like it was yesterday!! AAHH! 


But right now, of if I could stop time, I think it would be right now!! My kids ages are so much fun!! I just love their ages!! And I LOVE my LIFE!! Life is great!


Samone and I just got home from a mom-daughter weekend in Phoenix for two State League games. It was so wonderful. Just the two of us. We left at 7am from Flag on Saturday morning and got to her game. She was amazing, as always!! Scored two and assisted one for a 3-2 win!! Then we hung out with Stephanie and Morgan Hodges, lunch and swimming at the hotel. Then dropped them off at Tylers game and headed to MetroCenter to go walk around...it was a little scary, so we didn't stay too long. Got a Gelatto and headed back to the hotel. Samone made dinner and we ate, watched tv then laid in bed and watch tv until lights out!! Next morning we headed to the second game. It was a tough game and tough team... one we have never beaten before. We lost 5-2 but Samone was amazing and she scored one goal and assisted the other goal. Then we hung out with the Hazlett's for a bit. After they left we had a little picnic and watch another game. We stopped for Starbucks on the way home and had a great drive quizzing for her spelling bee!!  We were actually sad for our "weekend" to end!! 


So, tomorrow, Monday... another week to go!! I know it will end as quickly as it began, but I want to document as much of it as I can!! So, today it begins! Today I try to document every day of 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment