January 18, 2011

My First 1/2 Marathon





WOW!! I had no idea how amazing it would feel to complete my first 1/2 marathon. I know that tens of 100's of 1000's of millions of people have been completing marathons and 1/2 marathons for decades.  But this weekend, this 1/2 marathon.... it was all about me!!!  And not only did I the 1/2, I COMPLETE it but to complete it in 8 minutes less than my goal.  I was hoping to complete it in 2:15:00, which would be just under a 10 minute mile. But I actually completed it in 2:07:11!! I couldn't believe it!! The whole experience, from beginning to end, was unforgettable.  I feel such a sense of personal accomplishment. It has been a very long time since I have done something for myself, by myself and with no one in mind but ME!!! And it felt great!!  13.1 miles!! I still can't believe I did it.  This time last year I was lucky to run 2 miles!!!

So now with this 1/2 marathon under my belt, I am ready to start beating my own time!! I think I am going to sign up for the Sedona 10K!!! I am so excited!! I am loving it!! Here's to many more races!! Bring it On!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment